Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The time will come soon when our lil boy gets a serious injury. I’m sure it happens to all parents of boys, unless you keep them in bubble wrap. For instance yesterday, he decided to belly slide down the stair steps. From the very top, down. We’ve seen him do it on the last 3 or 4 stairs but from the very top was a whole new experience. Ed was sure he’d be going to the ER. I’ve caught him several times placing a step stool on top of a chair to reach even higher. The other day he got into the freezer and pulled out the ice box (which we have full of freezee pops) and dumped them all over the floor. Of course no one witnessed it personally, just the aftermath. He’s also figured out how to put his stool in front of the screen door and open it (even when it’s locked). One of his new favorite games is to stand on top of Ed’s belly (as he’s lying down) and do a cannon ball style jump onto the bed. It’s evident that the child has no fear.

He’s also very affectionate, giving a burpie and hug to anyone he thinks is upset. He also will rub you back and tell you that it’s okay. He takes very good care of his little babies too. It makes me proud and I certainly hope I can continue to raise him in a way that fosters a caring and compassionate nature.

He’s starting to potty train himself, which sounds funny to say but is true. He wants to wear his big boy undies and wants to go on the potty. Every night we’ve had an accident though. I’m not pressuring him and I myself am not entirely ready to potty train him. I figure right now is just good practice, and I have a little puppy peeing all over the house so having a lil kid being all over the house really isn’t a big thing. Sometimes he will tell you he has to go and other times it’s like he forgets and just lets loose. He just turned 2, so there is no big rush!

No comments: