Sunday, March 7, 2010

Where did my son learn this?

Eli can turn on the tv, turn on the vcr, stick a tape in (check to see if there is one already in there, and in that case eject it), push play, fast forward and rewind.

We took one side of his crib off in hopes that he would sleep better. (Eh, doesn't make much difference except he can climb into our bed on his own). When he wakes up he'll turn his nightlight off and turn the radio off and come downstairs. It's pretty amazing to me that he can turn the radio off because there are a million button on the front of it and half of the time I hit the wrong one (especially in the dark!)

We took the puppy for a walk yesterday. (Yes, we have a 5 month old jack Russell/ pug mix that we adopted from a boy who is going into the marines.) I asked Eli if his hands were cold and he said "No mom, pockets!" and put his hands in his coat pockets. I've never showed him that.

He can draw circles. Amazing!

(he'll kill me for this when he's older). He likes washing his front side and back side under the running tub water. It's hilarious to watch.

He crawls up on your lap and says he's a 'baby.' You have to rock him and he says he wants his baba (which are all packed away!) I'd understand this behavior more if we had a baby, but we don't. He's pretty darn imaginative.

You can actually have conversation with him!! Sometimes he tells fibs though. Mostly he blames things on his cousins when they aren't even around.

Today he glanced at my dresser and said chappy! 3 chappys! (chapstick). I said no, two, then saw there WAS a third. Apparently he can count to three.

His birthday is on the 9th. The past two years have been truly amazing!

No comments: