Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Some things from the weekend

So I forgot about this weekend when I posted the pictures.

We went to Burger king on Saturday and poor Eli was staring us down something fierce. (From now on we'll be taking some jar food to feed him while we are eating too). I thought we could give him a little peice of bun, to give him a taste. I figured it's soft and if it's small enough he shouldn't choke. Well I guess maybe it's a first time mom mistake? :P because you would have thought the kid was dieing. The instant it touched his tongue he started going "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK" really...loud. He just kept doing it over and over. He wasn't choking mind you, the bread had barely touched his tongue. So we quickly gave him some formula to wash it down. All he did was throw that up along with some bread particles. He was still very loudly going GAAAAAAAAAAAAAK (which now instead of having a hairball I think I'll call it having a breadball). I stuck my pinkie in there to do a mouth sweep but didn't get anything. Then Ed did and got the littlest peice of bread out and Eli was just fine.

We learned our lesson though, no more texture. We'll stick with the puree.

Eli came back from poppop's today and actually was SITTING in the bathtub!! Usually he wants to stand and it's annoying holding onto him. (But he has fun) well he was sitting in there all nice and having a good old time. He kept swishin his rag around and sucking up some water. Of course I sit there thinking ugg he shouldn't be drinking that..but I'm realistic enough to realize much worse will go in his mouth down the road.

Hm well that's all I think for now. He is peacefully sleeping, until 4 am. Then like clockwork he'll be awake and ready for fun!!

OH! and he's also starting to *reach* out when he wants someone to hold him. It's cute. I would say he only does it for me, but I had him and he was doing it towards his poppop too. AND he's also getting the hang of his new jumperoo. He was jumping a bit this evening :-D

1 comment:

ROL said...

My husband tried to give Nikki a piece of bread..we are still on the pureed food as well, truthfully i think she is getting to much food she is getting so fat!!